It would have been nice to know what is actually happening but here are a few things you should be doing now to cover your bases in case we have a no-deal Brexit –
- Check if you have an UK EORI – click here
- If you don’t have one set up a UK EORI – click here
- Sign up for Transitional Simplified Procedures (TSP) which is intended to make imports from the EU easier to handle – click here
- Authorise your import agents to use postponed accounting on your behalf, and
- Make claims now for any EU VAT paid to EU suppliers during 2018 – normally you would have 9 months to make this claim but a no deal Brexit means the deadline becomes 29 March – click here.
If you’re ever not sure about VAT related then please give us a call. Remember sooner is always better.